Featuring best practices and effective preventive medicine strategies to improve your practice
A major challenge we face today as primary care clinicians is staying current with the rapid advances in prevention. Prevention is a major component of effective primary care practice and one of the unique strengths that we must possess. Most existing CME courses focus on prevention in one or several limited spheres. In this course, we will focus on screening and prevention and teach you innovative and novel strategies across multiple disciplines. Hot-off-the-press emerging topics will be addressed to ensure you are up to date with the latest information during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Topics include:
- The public health response to COVID-19
- Genetic causes of cancer: which patients should be screened
- Patient management in the face of alcohol or opioid use
- Screening and treatment of depression
- Nutrition counseling and healthy-lifestyle coaching to prevent chronic illnesses
- Preventative therapies for migraine
- Evolving vaccine recommendations, including COVID-19
- Lifestyle changes to prevent type 2 diabetes, cardiac disease, hypertension and hyperlipidemia
- Strategies for smoking cessation
- Recommendations for preventing dementia and osteoporosis
- Reducing medical errors
Engaging Sessions with Prominent Experts and Colleagues
Our outstanding faculty, recognized as experts in the field, will teach you how to incorporate the latest tests and tools into your practice. We will discuss challenging cases and treatments and give you ample opportunity to ask questions and interact with leading experts through live-moderated Q&A sessions and the integrated Q&A chat tools. Participants will also receive access to the videos on-demand for future review. You can expect to receive an exceptional update to your existing skills through this clinically relevant course.
Who Should Attend?
Clinicians seeking a useful and comprehensive review that ensures they are up-to-date across all major fields in preventive medicine. This includes:
- Family medicine physicians
- Medical specialists
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Other providers who care for patients in primary care practice settings
- Patients and members of the lay community who wish to learn more about how they can reduce their risk for serious illness and maintain wellness.
Special pricing is in effect for this program.
All live-stream sessions are eligible for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and ABIM MOC points, as well as other relevant credits.