Featuring best practices and effective preventive medicine strategies to improve your practice
A major challenge we face today as primary care clinicians is staying current with the rapid advances in prevention. Prevention is a major component of effective primary care practice and one of the unique strengths that we must possess. Most existing CME courses focus on prevention in one or several limited spheres. In this course, we will focus on screening and prevention and teach you innovative and novel strategies across multiple disciplines. Sessions include prevention of cancer, heart disease, infectious diseases, obesity, diabetes, and risk management issues in primary care, plus hot-off-the-press emerging topics will be addressed to ensure you are up to date with the latest information during the ongoing COVID pandemic. We will address:
- Evolving vaccine recommendations, including COVID-19
- Outpatient treatment of COVID-19 and management of COVID long-haulers
- Common outpatient infections and travel medicine
- Genetic causes of cancer: which patients should be screened
- Patient management in the face of alcohol or opioid use
- Screening and treatment of depression
- Nutrition counseling and healthy-lifestyle coaching to prevent chronic illnesses
- Preventative therapies for migraine
- Lifestyle changes to prevent type 2 diabetes, cardiac disease, hypertension and hyperlipidemia
- Strategies for managing menopause
- Recommendations for preventing dementia and osteoporosis
- Reducing medical errors
- Obstructive sleep apnea
Engaging Sessions with Prominent Experts and Colleagues
Our outstanding faculty, recognized as experts in the field, will teach you how to incorporate the latest tests and tools into your practice. We will discuss challenging cases and treatments and give you ample opportunity to ask questions and interact with leading experts through live-moderated Q&A sessions and the integrated Q&A chat tools. Participants will also receive access to the videos on-demand for future review. You can expect to receive an exceptional update to your existing skills through this clinically relevant course.
Who Should Attend?
Clinicians seeking a useful and comprehensive review that ensures they are up-to-date across all major fields in preventive medicine. This includes:
- Family medicine physicians
- Medical specialists
- Nurses and nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Other providers who care for patients in primary care practice settings
- Patients and members of the lay community who wish to learn more about how they can reduce their risk for serious illness and maintain wellness.
This course will be live-streamed and includes real-time audience-response questions, live demonstrations and interactive Q&A sessions allowing you to pose specific questions to our expert faculty via online chat. All presentations and course materials will be available immediately to watch and review at your convenience.
All live-stream sessions are eligible for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and ABIM MOC points, as well as other relevant CME credits.
- 23.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 23.50 ABIM MOC Points
- AAFP Credits (pending)
- 23.50 ANCC Contact Hours
- 23.50 ECMECs® Credits
- 13.00 Risk Management Credits
- Commensurate Credits from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the European Union of Medical Specialists